In return for what government needs to do, we commit to:
- Play a central role in the development and deployment of a National Bus Strategy by working with government and manufacturers to deliver the investment and innovation required for a world-class future transport network in England.
- Re-invest savings made from improvements delivered through local planning and infrastructure measures.
- Support travel for apprentices and job seekers by expanding discounted ticketing to them by 2021.
- Work with public sector partners to develop and trial rural bus plans so that customers in rural locations are better connected locally and to urban areas.
- Introduce contactless, multi-operator, price-capped, daily and weekly tickets by 2022 in urban areas.
- Embrace the opportunity provided by Open Data to make travel easier by providing simple, comprehensive information for our customers, encouraging the use of online ticketing, Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and other emerging digital platforms.
- Only purchase next generation ultra low or zero emissions buses from 2025 (but starting this process by 2023 in some urban areas).