June 02 2021
Following the publication on 17 May of the Department for Transport’s guidance for Local Transport Authorities (LTAs) on collaborating with their bus operators and preparing their Bus Service Improvement Plans, CPT and the DfT Bus Recovery and Reform Team would like to invite all local bus service operators in England to join for an online Q&A session taking place on Wednesday 2 June at 1300hrs.
Hosted by CPT's Head of Policy, Alison Edwards, the session will give you an overview of the National Bus Strategy, including the key deliverables which LTAs are expected to deliver, working in close collaboration with their local bus operators.
The session will explore:
- Update on a sector recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic
- What should Bus Service Improvement Plans focus on?
- When should LTAs have an Enhanced Partnership in place or be pursuing Franchising?
- How can operators start collaborating with LTAs?
- Opportunity to put your questions to policy teams at DfT during a Q&A session
The DfT team is also holding a similar session with LTAs.
We look forward to welcoming you all to the session on Wednesday 2 June.
Book your places now
To register to attend the National Bus Strategy Q&A session with operators email email@example.com and provide names and email addresses of all colleagues who wish to attend.
Full joining instructions will be sent to you in advance of the session.