CPT News Release: CPT & People 1st announce new professional accreditation for engineering managers
The Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT), in conjunction with People 1st, has today launched a new industry professional standard – the Bus & Coach Engineering Manager Accreditation.
The Accreditation, designed by CPT’s Engineering Committee for CPT members, assesses Engineering Managers against a series of new professional standards, whilst allowing them to demonstrate they have the necessary skills and attributes to carry out the important role.
Candidates put forward for the Bus & Coach Engineering Manager Accreditation will be assessed by CPT’s Compliance Partner, Lloyd Morgan Group on a wide range of competences over an intense two day period.
Speaking on the launch of this new industry initiative, CPT’s Operations Director Stephen Smith said:
“This unique accreditation - an industry first - has been developed to recognise and reward the outstanding work of the bus and coach industry’s Engineering Managers. It will also help operators further improve and maintain the very highest levels of engineering and safety standards.
“CPT has also agreed with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) that Engineering Managers successfully completing the two day assessment will automatically qualify for affiliate and associate membership of the institution – one step closer to becoming a fully qualified engineer.”
He continued: “This Accreditation, along with other initiatives such as our Compliance and Transport Manager Workshops, shows a clear demonstration of the importance that CPT and the whole industry places on ensuring the highest levels of safety and compliance.”
Traffic Commissioner Kevin Rooney said:
“I am delighted that the CPT, People 1st and Lloyd Morgan have brought forward this ground-breaking initiative. The bus and coach industry is placing compliance at the very core of its business, and anything which continues to drive up standards is to be commended.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
- The Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT) is the national trade association representing bus and coach operators.
- People 1st is the sector skills council for hospitality, passenger transport, travel and tourism in the UK.
- The Lloyd Morgan Group is a market leader in providing a wide range of compliance services for both PCV and HGV industries.
- For comment, please contact Christopher Nice or Pauline Gaunt on 020 7240 3131 or 07798 765473.
- For radio interviews CPT has an ISDN line, 020 7379 6469.