London 2012 - Last Chance to Register
Over the last few weeks, Andrew Thompson and Tom Cunnington have visited regional CPT meetings to present the plans and business opportunities for bus and coach operators during London 2012. Following these meetings a large number of operators have already completed the process.
However, with a requirement for over 1,500 vehicles, they are still keen to hear from others. You!
The four steps to getting involved are:
1) Register now on London 2012’s business opportunities portal at www.competefor.com
Ensure you fully publish your Business Profile and that at least one of the following Business Categories is selected:
- Coach hire
- Mini-buses – hire and leasing
- Bus & coach operators and stations
If your organisation does not meet the simple CompeteFor ‘business readiness’ criteria, you will automatically be referred to your local business support agency to help you meet the required criteria. We therefore recommend you register without delay.
2) In order to express an interest for the provision of vehicles for the Games, search and respond to our ‘Bus and Coach Service’ opportunity by completing an ‘Opportunity Search’ on the CompeteFor portal.
It is important that your business responds via CompeteFor by the deadline: 3pm on Friday 4th December 2009.
If you need any help in using CompeteFor, please contact the CompeteFor Helpdesk on 0845 217 7804.
3) In December 2009 operators who successfully pass the CompeteFor short-listing stage will be asked to complete a pre-qualification process that will request further details of your organisation.
4) In January 2010 the operators which pass the pre-qualification stage will be invited to submit bids in the main tendering process. Operators will be given eight weeks to submit their bids.
Contract awards will be made in summer 2010. At this stage it really is in every operator’s interest to register on CompeteFor and then complete the initial questionnaire by this Friday. If this first deadline is missed, there is a risk of missing the boat entirely, so please register today.
Tom Cunnington | Tender Evaluation Manager - Games Family Bus & Coach Services | Performance | London Bus Services Limited
Palestra 10th Floor, 197 Blackfriars Road, Southwark, SE1 8NJ
T: 020 3054 0492